Activated carbon is carbon that has been treated in a way that creates a large number of tiny pores, greatly increasing its surface area. This massive surface area allows the filter media to absorb a large volume of material, making it useful for removing pollutants from both air and water.
Why you need activated carbon in your tank
- It removes odors from the aquarium water
- Gets rid of? yellowing compounds
- Removes medications, supplements and plant fertilizers
Our carefully steamed activated carbons produced from coconut shells. They have a tighter, more micro porous pore structure than their coal-based counterparts. Coconut shell-based carbons tend to be harder, more resistant to abrasion. Additionally, they are lower in ash compared to other types of carbons. The porous material acts like a sponge for different types of organic and inorganic pollutants. It is widely known as renewable and the best source of green filtration agent that has diverse utility and purposes.
- Groundwater remediation
- Drinking water filtration
- Air purification
- Volatile organic compounds capture from painting, dry cleaning, gasoline dispensing operations, and other processes.