Dogs & other warm-blooded animals are especially prone to catching fleas in warm-weathered climates or during the summer months when air temperatures and humidity levels are high. Dogs can catch fleas from other furry friends, or from the environment. Fleas use their strong back legs to jump on the “host” (your dog) and then bite the animal. These bites can cause itching, hair-loss & hot-spots from itching, inflamed lesions and even skin infections. You may also notice small dirt-like particles on your pet – which is flea feces and digested blood.
The female fleas can live up to a few weeks on your pet, and may lay between 20-30 eggs a day during that time. Some eggs will hatch into larvae on your pet, while the others fall off, into your home environment – where they feed off skin scales and other organic matter. Pet parents must treat both the dog as well as the inside & outside home environments. We recommend using Groomer’s Salon Select Flea Shampoo in conjunction with our Richard’s Organics Premise Treatment for Fleas – made with 100% natural Boric Acid.
Groomer’s Salon Select™ Flea Shampoo kills fleas on contact and leaves your pet smelling fresh and clean. It gently cleanses and exfoliates skin and coat. It leaves the coat soft and lustrous. For use only on dogs. Gently cleanses & exfoliates skin & coat. Leaves the coat soft & shining. Also helps soothe irritated skin due to Flea bites.
- Droppings or “flea dirt” in a dog’s coat.
- Flea eggs on dog or in dog’s environment.
- Allergic dermatitis
- Excessive scratching, licking or biting at skin
- Hair loss
- Scabs and hot spots
- Tape worms
- Pale gums
- Permethrin: Permethrin is a synthetic medication used as an insecticide and insect repellant. It also treats scabies. It’s widely used in many pet flea & tick products and requires an EPA registration for its use.
- Paraben-Free: Parabens have been found to mimic estrogen in the body- and when levels are disrupted, a link has developed with breast cancer & reproductive issues. All our formulas are Paraben-Free, to promote the safety, well-being and health of your pet.
- pH Balanced: Pet’s sensitive skin requires pH balanced treatment. Human shampoos are formulated at a lower pH (more acidic) -and should not be used on your pet.
- Soap-Free: Only the gentlest, naturally derived cleansers are used in our formulas. Contains no harsh soaps or damaging detergents.
- Kills Fleas & Ticks on Contact: Formulated with pyrethrum for maximum control of fleas.
Thoroughly soak animal with warm water taking 2-3 minutes to thoroughly wet hair. Do not apply shampoo around eyes. Apply shampoo on head and ears, then lather; repeat procedure with neck, chest, middle and hind quarters, finishing legs last. Let animal stand 10 minutes (this is an important part of the grooming procedure), then rinse animal thoroughly. In extremely dirty or scaly animals, the above procedure may be repeated. Pet bedding and quarters should be treated simultaneously with an approved product. Wash hands after handling. Do not reapply product for one week. Please use the following amount of shampoo depending upon the size of your dog: • Less than 20lb: 0.5oz • 20-50lb: 1.5oz • 50lb or more: 2.5oz
Permethrin ((3-Phenoxyphenyl) methyl (+/–) cis/trans-3 (2,2-dichloroethenyl) – dimethyl cyclopropanecarboxylate .0.65% INERT INGREDIENTS:99.35%
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes.
Store in the original container in a dry, cool place, and away from sunlight, at a temperature below 86°F or 30°C.