Frontline Spray provides effective flea and tick control for dogs, cats and puppies as young as a day old. The spray formulation has fipronil as the active ingredient. This compound is immediately distributed over your dog’s body, killing fleas shortly after application. Control is long lasting, and can also be used with complete peace of mind?on pregnant and lactating bitches.
4 tips on How to effectively use frontline spray
- Use frontline spray for the treatment and prevention of infestation of fleas and ticks and
- as an aid in the control of flea allergy dermatitis in dogs and cats.
- Repeat treatment monthly.
- In the case of long-haired animals, and/or in the event of a high risk of infestation, or if pets are allergic to fleas or should tick infestation be severe, dose may also be increased to 6 ml per kg.
Bathing or shampooing the animal 3 days before or 3 days after the application is not recommended as this will decrease the duration of activity. Spray the entire body of the animal. Apply against the lay of the hair and make sure that the entire coat of the animal is wetted. Ruffle the coat, especially in long-haired animals, so that the product penetrates down to the skin and allow to dry naturally.
Give your pet long lasting protection from pests
Parasites are not only a pest they can make life hell for a cat or a dog. This is because they cause severe itching or even trigger an allergy, such as from flea bites. Frontline Spray has a residual effect of 1 month (3-5 weeks) against ticks and 2 months (1 -3 months) against fleas, depending on the parasite challenge in the animal’s environment. This Spray may be used on pregnant and lactating females and on unweaned puppies. This formulation comes in 100 ml, 250 ml and 500 ml bottles.
Avoid spraying in eyes. As with all insecticides and acaricides, the following precautions are recommended:
- Wear gloves, especially during treatment of groups of animals.
- Spray the animals in a well-ventilated room or outdoors.
- Wash hands after use.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat during application